NCSU graduate students are currently employed in academia, government and the private sector.
Dr. AtLee Watson
Dr. Crystal Lee Pow Jackson
Dr. Monica Poteat
Graduates of NC State’s Toxicology Program have assumed diverse and prominent roles in the toxicology/EHS community. Their collective evolution from graduate student to postdoctoral fellow/intern, to secondary positions in academia, industry or government is laudable.
- Sarah Orr (2022) is a Postdoctoral Scholar at Georgia Tech and an Adjunct Instructor at Morehouse College.
- Ryan Weeks (2022) is a Postdoctoral Scholar at UNC, School of Medicine, Department of Neurology.
- Roger Lawrie (2021) is a Post Doctoral Investigator for the Center for Excellence in Quarantine and Invasive Species at the University of Puerto Rico – Mayaguez.
- Dorothy You (2021) is a Postdoctoral Scholar at UC-Davis.
- Catherine Wise (2020) is a Postdoctoral Associate at Duke University Nicholas School of the Environment.
Other recent graduates have entered the private sector, including:
- Sierra Riegl Moorefield (2022) is currently employed in the Leadership Development Program at BASF.
- Mark Simmers (2022) currently works as a Field Application Specialist for Chemometec.
- Zachary Messenger (2018) works as a Toxicologist for Radeas Industries.
- Katherine Duke (2017) following an initial postdoctoral position at Roivant Sciences, is now Lead Toxicologist with ICF.
Other graduates have obtained prominent positions within government including:
- Wilfred Lopez Perez (2022) is a NIEHS Fellow, in the Immunity, Inflammation & Disease Laboratory.
- Rubia Martin (2021) serves as an ORISE Post-Doctoral Fellow for the US EPA.
- Stephany Eytcheson (2018) is a Postdoctoral Researcher at Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education.
- Erin Yost (2014) serves as a Staff Toxicologist with US EPA’s Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS).
Other trainees who have had more time to advance their respective careers have assumed prominent leadership roles in the toxicology/EHS community.
- Gina Hilton (2017) is an Advisor with PETA Science Consortium International e.V.
- Erin Kollitz (2014) is a Staff Toxicology with the California Department of Pesticide Regulation.
- Larissa Williams (2010) is an Associate Professor in the Biology Department at Bates College.
- Peter Broglie (2010) is a CMC Sr. Program Manager at Precision BioSciences.
- Chad Blystone (2006) is a Toxicologist in the Toxicology Branch of the National Toxicology Program.
- Steven Simmons (2006) is Principal Investigator in National Center for Computational Toxicology, Office of Research and Development, United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Cynthia Rider (2006) is a Toxicologist with the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences National Toxicology Program and the 2023-2024 SOT Vice President-Elect.
- Dori Germolec (1999) is a Biologist in the Systems Toxicology Branch at NIEHS.
- Nathan Cherrington (1998) is Associate Dean of Research, Director of Southwest Environmental Health Sciences Center, Director of Center for Toxicology, Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 1885 Society Distinguished Scholar at the University of Arizona. Additionally, he is the recipient of the prestigious SOT Achievement Award.
- Lisa J. Bain (1996) is an NIH-funded investigator and Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences and the Environmental Toxicology at Clemson University.
- William Baldwin (1995) is an NIH-funded investigator and Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences and the Environmental Toxicology Graduate Program at Clemson University.
- David M. Owens (1995) is Research Core Directory, Skin Stem Cell Imaging and Manipulation Core Director; Research Cores Program Director, and Associate Professor of Epithelial Cell Biology, Department of Dermatology at Columbia University, New York.
- Laura A. Hansen (1993) is Professor, Associate Dean of Research, Director of CU Histology Core Facility, Director, Molecular Mechanisms and Cancer Targets program. Molecular Mechanisms and Cancer Targets Program, and an NIH-funded investigator at Creighton University.
- Steven D. Holladay (1989) is Department Head, Professor, & UGA Foundation Professor in Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia.
- Jon Cook (1985) is Chief Toxicology Scientist and Vice President of Scientific Research at Pfizer Inc., and served as President of the Society of Toxicology (SOT) (2011-12).
- Norbert Kaminski (1985) served as SOT President (2014-2015) and currently serves as Director of the Center for Integrative Toxicology and Interim Director for the Center for Research on Ingredient Safety at Michigan State University while Professor in the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Cell and Molecular Biology Program.