NCSU graduate students are currently employed in academia, government and the private sector.
Dr. Kylie Rock
Dr. AtLee Watson
Dr. Larissa Williams
Graduates of NC State’s Toxicology Program have assumed diverse and prominent roles in the toxicology/EHS community. Their collective evolution from graduate student to postdoctoral fellow/intern, to secondary positions in academia, industry or government is laudable.
- Sarah Park (2020) will be taking a Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Dentistry Department of Advanced Oral Sciences and Therapeutics at the University of Maryland in summer of 2020.
- Kylie Rock (2019) is currently a Postdoctoral Fellow in Environmental Health Sciences at the University of Maryland.
- Marissa Kosnik (2019) is currently a Postdoctoral Fellow in Bioinformatics at Stockholm University.
- Mark Ihrie (2019) is a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Medicine at Duke University.
Other recent graduates have entered the private sector, including:
- Zack Messenger (2018) who joined Radeas Industries as a Staff Toxicologist.
- Katy Duke (2017), following an initial postdoctoral position at Roivant Sciences, became a Senior Toxicologist with ICF.
- AtLee Watson (2017) is currently a Toxicology Study Director at Inotiv.
Other graduates have obtained prominent positions within government including:
- Stephany Eytcheson (2018), is an Environmental Microbiologist with the US EPA.
- Erin Yost (2014) serves as a Staff Toxicologist with US EPA’s Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS).
- Crystal Lee Pow (2016), has been appointed as the State Toxicologist in the Division of Public Health, Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology Branch, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
Other trainees who have had more time to advance their respective careers have assumed prominent leadership roles in the toxicology/EHS community.
- Larissa Williams (2010), is an Associate Professor in the Biology Department at Bates College.
- Peter Broglie (2010) is an R&D Scientist at Global Laboratory Services.
- Bethany S. Reeves (2009) is a Toxicologist at Dow Chemical Corp, Midland MI.
- Chad Blystone (2006) is a Toxicologist in the Toxicology Branch of the National Toxicology Program.
- Steven Simmons (2006) is a Research Biologist in National Center for Computational Toxicology, Office of Research and Development, United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Vickie S. Wilson (2000) is the Reproductive Toxicology Branch Chief within the NHEERL Toxicity Assessment Division at US EPA.
- Cynthia Rider (2006) is a Toxicologist in the Toxicology Branch of the National Toxicology Program.
- Dori Germolec (1999) is the Systems Toxicology Group Leader at NIEHS.
- Nathan Cherrington (1998) is Professor, Distinguished Scholar, and Dean of Research and Graduate Studies at the University of Arizona, Director of the Southwest Environmental Health Sciences Center (NIEHS EHS Core Center) at University of Arizona, and the recipient of the prestigious SOT Achievement Award.
- Lisa J. Bain (1996) is an NIH-funded investigator and Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences and the Environmental Toxicology at Clemson University.
- William Baldwin (1995) is an NIH-funded investigator and Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences and the Environmental Toxicology Graduate Program at Clemson University.
- David M. Owens (1995) is an NIH-funded investigator and Florence Irving Professor in the Departments of Dermatology and Pathology at Columbia University, New York.
- Laura A. Hansen (1993) is a Professor in the Department of Biomedical Sciences at Creighton University School of Medicine, Director of Molecular Mechanisms and Cancer Targets Program, and an NIH-funded investigator.
- Steven D. Holladay (1989) is Professor and Head, Dept. of Veterinary Biosciences and Diagnostic Imaging, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia.
- Jon Cook (1985) is Chief Toxicology Scientist and Vice President at Pfizer Inc., and served as President of the Society of Toxicology (SOT) (2011-12).
- Norbert Kaminski (1985) served as SOT President (2014-2015) and currently serves as Director of the Center for Integrative Toxicology at Michigan State University and is member on the NIEHS National Advisory Environmental Health Sciences Council.